Blackboard Ultra Student Support
Overview and Timeline
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS) is transitioning to a new Blackboard course experience called Blackboard Ultra. For students, Ultra provides a sleek, modern look and feel, with features to save you time with simpler and streamlined workflows that make it easier to access important information.
This transition will happen in phases, with Speech-Language Pathology courses migrating starting in the 2022 Summer Term, and the rest of the University programs moving in the 2022 Fall Term.
What’s New with Ultra
- Blackboard’s newest version, with exciting ongoing monthly feature updates
- Newer, more modern look and feel
- A more consistent, streamlined course navigation that delivers students a seamless digital learning experience from course to course
- Fully responsive, i.e., interface adjusts to fit any device including tablets and smartphones
- A new navigation experience (Activity Stream) that captures all activities in all courses
- Lots of new features! Visit this link for a comparison of “Original” and “Ultra”
Live Training Sessions
iLEARN, the University’s student hub for learning and professional development, is presenting live training sessions to help students acclimate to Ultra. Check the iLEARN calendar for upcoming Ultra sessions, including topics like navigating and setting up Ultra, submitting assignments, taking exams, and reviewing grades. Recordings of past sessions are also available.
Guides and Brief Tutorials
Additional Help and Contacts
You can find all email communications about Blackboard Ultra that have been sent to students below: