As part of the University’s continued strategy to secure and protect its systems while also improving service to students and employees, the Information Technology team will roll out a new Self-Service Password Reset feature on 4/4/2022. This change will allow students and employees to reset their password via the University’s authentication platform, Okta, without needing to contact the IT Help Desk. The new process will use a security question combined with a SMS text message to your mobile number to verify your identity.
Action Needed Now: Please take a few minutes now to create your security question and answer via the following steps:
1. Login to https://login.usa.edu.
2. Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner and select “Settings.”
3. Click “Edit Profile” in the upper right-hand corner of the “Settings” page.
4. Enter your password and MFA code.
5. Once authenticated, you will see the edit option appear. Click on the “Edit” button next to the “Forgot Password Question” on the right side of the settings page.
6. Select from the available list of Security questions, type in your answer and save.
Once the new self-service password reset features launches on 4/4/2022, if you haven’t established your security question and answer yet, you will be prompted to do so the next time you login.
This will also be true if you have not yet setup an SMS number:
Once you have your security question added, you can use the Self-Service Password reset feature at anytime you need to reset your password by following these steps:
1. Navigate to https://login.usa.edu and click on “Need Help Signing in?” at the bottom and select “Forgot Password?”
2. Enter your Email or Username
3. Enter the code sent via SMS text to your mobile number on file with the University.
4. Enter the ““Forgot Password?” answer you previously established.
5. Your new password according to the University guidelines provided.
After logging in to the Okta Dashboard, in the settings section of your profile, you can also reset your password, change your security question, and view/update the mobile number we have on file that is used for the password reset code. Please contact us at email@example.com or through the Virtual Kiosk for questions.
Article is closed for comments.