Setting up In-Person Exams Final Exams using Blackboard and Lockdown Browser
LockDown Browser is a browser used for exam sessions that “locks down” your computer during the session to prevent access to other applications, copying and pasting, task switching, and more. Respondus Monitor is a fully automated proctoring system that uses your webcam to record and analyze exam sessions. For exams administered in person, Lockdown Browser should be used. There is no need to enable Respondus Monitor.
To only enable the Lockdown Browser:
- In a course, open on the Control Panel. Under course tools, look for Respondus Lockdown Browser and click on it.
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the exam title, then click Settings.
- Select Requires Respondus Lockdown Browser:
- Then scroll to the bottom and click Save + Close. Your exam is now setup to just use the Lockdown Browser.
Blackboard - Unchecking Force Completion
If you are administering an exam in person, it is recommended to uncheck force completion. This will allow students to exit mid-exam and re-enter without starting from the beginning. This can save time on both the faculty and the student is there is an internet connectivity issue, as the student would not have to restart an exam if disconnected.
To check if this unchecked:
- Find your exam in your course. Hover over the title, and click on Edit the Test Options.
- Scroll down, and uncheck Force Completion:
- Scroll to the bottom and click Submit.
Please sign in to leave a comment.