Blackboard Sign On Error
Student of Faculty member receives the below error when accessing Blackboard:
This is caused by not logging out prior to closing the browser that is logged onto Blackboard. This will cause issues with cached files on the browser.
The user will have to clear their cache on the browser they are using to access Blackboard.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Click the Safari menu, then Clear History...
- In the Clear field choose All History
- Click Clear History.
- Click the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Click Preferences (Mac) or Options (PC).
- Click Privacy & Security in the left menu bar.
- Click Clear History…
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Select Browsing & Download History, Form & Search History, Cookies, Cache and Active Logins
- Click OK.
- Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Choose Settings.
- Within Privacy & security and under Clear Browsing Data click Choose What To Clear.
- Make sure to have at least Cached data and files selected.
- Click Clear.