Create an Out of Office Message in RingCentral
These instructions are to facilitate Faculty and Staff of the University of St. Augustine create an out of office phone message.
The user would like to have callers receive a specific message during the time they are out of office.
- Open RingCentral Phone settings:
- Open the “General” tab and select “My extension settings” at the bottom of the window:
- Select “Settings” > “Call Handling & Forwarding” > “Custom Rules” > “Add Rule”:
- Give the rule a name (ie Out of Office) and click next.
- Select “Date and/or Time” and select “Specific Date Range” and enter the dates you will be Out of Office and click next:
- To record a message and take a message select “Take Message Only” or you can select “Forward Calls” to set conditional rules and “Unconditional Forwarding” to immediately forward the call.