Reset Your Own Password
A Student, Faculty, or Staff member needs to reset their password for USA.edu email, Blackboard, and other Single Sign On resources.
Password has expired or been forgotten.
**If you have not set up Password Self-Service, please skip to step 5 for verification method setup.**
- Go to the myUSA portal (my.usa.edu), and click on the Password Self-Service link (https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/) on the left side of the page:
- Enter your USA.edu email as the User ID, as well as the characters beneath, and click next:
- Select a verification method, re-enter the full method, and enter the verification code sent to your verification method (if this is not set-up skip to step 5).
- You will be presented with a are to enter a new password. Your USA.edu email password will be immediately reset, but other resources (such as Blackboard) can take up to fifteen minutes to be reset.
- If you see the below error, you have not already setup password reset, please go to https://www.aka.ms/ssprsetup to complete setup:
- You will now sign in using your email and an active email password and will be prompted to “Not lose your password again.” You will then set up verification methods for Password Self-Service.
- After these verification methods are set up, go through steps 1 through 4.