Note: These instructions assume the user is on a Mac operating system.
Clear Browser Cache
How to clear your cache/cookies:
1. From the Safari menu, select Clear History... or Clear History and Website Data....
2. Select the desired time range, and then click Clear History.
3. Go to Safari > Quit Safari or press Command-Q to exit the browser completely.
Set Default Browser
To set Internet Explorer as the default browser:
1. Open Safari (yes, open Safari even if you want to use another app as your default browser)
2. Pull down the 'Safari' menu and choose to open 'Preferences' (or just hit command-,)
3. Click the 'General' tab.
4. Choose the default web browser you would prefer to use.
5. Quit Safari, and you're done.
Enable Flash Player
How to enable Flash:
1. Open Safari, and choose Safari > Preferences.
Setting Safari preferences
2. Click the Websites tab and scroll down to the Plug-ins section. Locate the Adobe Flash
Locating the Adobe Flash Player entry
3. Click the check box to enable Flash Player.
Enabling Flash Player
4. Select a setting to use for Flash Player when you visit other websites.
Selecting an option of your choice
5. You can configure Flash for individual websites (domains). Select a website listed in this
window, and choose Ask, Off, or On.
Allowing websites to use the plug-in
6. Exit Preferences after you finish configuring Flash Player.
Safari Browser Update
How to update Your Browser:
If you have Apple updates turned on, Safari should stay
up-to-date automatically. To verify that your version of
Safari is the latest or update manually, follow these steps:
1. Open the Apple menu and choose App Store.
2. At the top of the window that appears, click
the Updates button in the toolbar.
3. Find Safari and click Update (or click Update
all to update every app).