Updating Notification Settings in Blackboard
A student is having issues receiving Blackboard announcements from a particular course.
The users Blackboard notification settings are not configured to send messages from that course
- Sign into Blackboard.
- Click the down arrow to the right of your name in the top right corner of the Blackboard site, and then click the Clock icon:
- This will bring you to the Notifications page. In the top right corner will be a settings gear that you will now click:
- Clicking the settings gear icon will populate a drop down window. At the bottom of this window select the View Notification Settings option:
- First, click Edit General Settings to make sure:
- Adjust “General Settings: Courses” Email Settings to Individual Messages and click Submit in the bottom right corner. This will ensure each email announcement comes as its own individual email:
- Next, we will update Bulk Edit Notifications. Underneath Bulk Edit Notification Settings click Courses I am taking:
- Make sure the All option is selected:
- Scroll down to where you can select individual items you would like to be notified about, or select the check box next to “Email” to have an email sent regarding all items. Once you have configured the items, click the Submit button to the bottom right: